One of the most common concerns shared by guests at business events is: “How do you walk up to someone you don’t know at an event and just start talking?”
Here are six quick conversation starters to share with your attendees…
- “Hi, I don’t know too many people here, so I wanted to introduce myself. I’m [name] and I work at [company].”
- “So, what do you do?” / “What’s your story?”
- Use catering as a conversation starter, a la: “I can’t stop eating these cold rolls. Have you tried them?”
- “So many interesting topics discussed today. What did you enjoy most?
- “What a fantastic venue! Have you been to many functions here before?”
- Try a compliment! “I love your necklace.” / “I really enjoyed your presentation, very informative.” / “I’ve heard really good things about [company name], do you enjoy working there?”
And don’t forget to listen to their response!