Social Media Expert Meg Coffey
Meg Coffey is one of Australia’s leading and most sought-after social media educator and public speakers.
As seen on
Originally from Texas and now proudly Australian, the “Texstralian” is all about hard work, calculated risks and has a great ‘gift of the gab’.
While Meg is a hospitality and tourism sector specialist, her skill and understanding of “social” translates to any application, and she leads the charge for digital empowerment across Australia.
She is the founder of State of Social, Australia’s largest social media conference, and #SMPerth, the city’s ‘go-to source for the latest news in the digital space and a community for those to learn and share.’
Meg says “The reality is digital isn’t going anywhere – it has to be a feature of every business’s marketing strategy today. My job is to take the fear of social away and replace it will a sense of confidence and excitement about how technology can work for us today, and well into the future.”
Meg regularly contributes to the digital marketing community, with several engagements as a speaker, lecturer, and panellist and judged several industry awards. In 2017 Meg was named as one of Australia’s Top 50 Small Business Leaders.
Meg’s natural acumen for communication was an organic transition into her public speaking and keynote roles and leading social media training programs. In early 2016 Meg completed a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, a testament to her commitment to professional development.
Meg features as an industry judge for numerous programs such as the Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards, Australian Web Industry Awards and Property Council of Australia Retail Awards. Meg has also served as a Leederville Connect Committee Member and WA State Advisory Councillor for the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI WA SAC).
- Meg is a Board Member of Australia’s North West & Auspire – Australia Day Council WA
- In 2021 Meg was named a finalist for Campaign Brief’s Ad Person of the Year
- Meg is the founder of Social Media Perth and State of Social
- In 2017 Meg was named Inside Business’s Top 50 Small Business Leaders
- Meg was a finalist for both Coffey & Tea and Social Media Perth in the 23rd Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards in 2016.
- Meg was shortlisted in the 2014 WAToday Entrepreneur & Innovator Awards for the Curtin Growth Entrepreneur Award