Introducing Social Media Expert: Meg Coffey
AS SEEN IN
Meg Coffey is Western Australia’s leading and most sought-after social media educator and public speaker.
A hospitality and tourism sector specialist, Meg’s skill and understanding of all things “social” translates to her leading the charge for digital empowerment in Perth, Western Australia.
“The reality is digital isn’t going anywhere, and it absolutely must be a feature of every business’s marketing strategy today.”
“It is all about making sure Perth is up there with the rest of the world by building and maintaining a healthy digital business culture in our state,” she said.
She has spent many years quality-testing the Australian way of life and has earnt her reputation as a ‘heavy hitter’ in the digital marketing industry.
Originally from Texas and now proudly Australian, the “Texstralian” attributes her success to hard work, calculated risks and the ‘gift of the gab’ that she is known for.
“There are many businesses in Perth that need a hand with marketing, social media, and business development, but they just don’t have the budget for a dedicated marketing manager or full-time consultant.”
“What I do is come in and help get things started, be it brand and marketing strategy, or guiding social media engagement and management.”
“I love to be hands-on and help WA businesses reach their potential the ‘Texan Way’: big, bold and with passion,” she said.
Meg’s natural acumen for communication was an organic transition into her public speaking and keynote roles and leading social media training programs. In early 2016 Meg completed a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, a testament to her commitment to professional development.
Meg features as an industry judge for numerous programs such as the Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards, Australian Web Industry Awards and Property Council of Australia Retail Awards. Meg has also served as a Leederville Connect Committee Member and WA State Advisory Councillor for the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI WA SAC).
- Meg was shortlisted in the 2014 WAToday Entrepreneur & Innovator Awards for the Curtin Growth Entrepreneur Award
- She was voted one of Perth’s 100 Most Influential in the Nifnex Awards.
- Meg was a finalist for both Coffey & Tea and Social Media Perth in the 23rd Belmont & Western Australian Small Business Awards in 2016.
- The recognition continues and in 2017 Meg was named Inside Business’s Top 50 Small Business Leaders
- Meg provided media commentary to ABC during the WA State Election
- Meg is a Board Member of Australia’s North West